Umm… don’t you mean “The Four P’s of Marketing”?
Yeah, those, but with The Four P’s of Digital Marketing I’m focusing on digital marketing, since that’s more or less my speciality. The Internet.
The What – So what exactly are the The Four P’s of Digital Marketing?
The Four P’s of Marketing are:
- Product – Making sure your product is well defined.
- Price – The price of your product should not only be competitive, but also cover expenses.
- Promotion – Advertising, PR, and making sure people know about your product.
- Place – Where you put your product so as to have a maximum visibility and correlation with its surroundings.
Traditional marketing covers a variety of aspects, and The Four P’s of Marketing are a great way to remember them. Digital Marketing is one of the aspects of the 3rd P – Promotion. So why is the whole world so fixated on that right now?
The Why – Why is Social Media the shiz?
Social media is one of the elements of digital marketing, actually. It goes along with a solid, converting website, email marketing, online customer service and more. But you don’t hear everybody talking about email for the last few years, even though it’s the most effective method at the moment.
All modern marketers are concentrating on social media marketing for one very simple reason – everybody’s there:
- Kids are playing and chatting on it.
- Adults are sharing life experiences on it.
- Journalists and bloggers are writing about it.
- Pokémon go players are grouping on it to exchange data.
- News, images and videos about the 2016 Olympics are shared all over it.
- Basically, it’s on the top of everybody’s head, and on the tip of everybody’s tongue.