Pokémon Go is currently the most downloaded app, and has more daily users than Facebook. How’s that for a game changer? (pun intended).
Sounds awesome, but what can I do with this info?
Remember that people like innovation. Selling stale ideas and trying to reach a new market with the same shtick can be hard and tiresome. Try to keep up with trends and use technology’s advancements for your own marketing and show your customers you’re not only hip and trendy, but also cool and funky!
Here’s a few ideas for you:
- Give your customers a reason to check out your ads by hiding an AR surprise inside of them.
- Create a 3D version of your products that clients can check out by grabbing (or printing out) a flyer.
- Invite customers to your stores for a special AR experience that adds more info to their browsing, in the shape of AR layers on top of your products or shelves.
- Allow your fans to visit your flagship stores, factories or offices through a VR tour or a simple 360° video, or photo tour.
- Make sure you’re milking the Pokémon Go hype and give Pokémon catchers special offers, coupons or even free drinks for visiting your store or bar.
- Understand that these two new mediums are here to stay and the time to develop a marketing campaign on those is now, when the technology is available world-wide and everybody can see it on their own phones.
Got great ideas for implementing AR or VR into your own marketing campaigns? Tell us about them in the comments section, or contact me for some awesome brainstorming!