Ok, I’m convinced, tell me more about repurposing content strategies
Repurposing content is basically a 3R method just like in sustainable design (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle). What it means is that you reduce the amount of content you need to create and curate, cos you’ve got your past content to reuse. You can recycle your content by taking pieces of it (re-editing a video or quoting your own blog post, for example) and use it in different places.
- Create an intro video for your video tutorials by showing pieces of them together.
- Use take-outs and bloopers on the more human-voiced social media platforms, like Facebook and Snapchat.
- Rremind people about evergreen blog posts by creating Instagram quote images.
- Create Pinterest infographic tip pins like the ones Èspero uses on their Pinterest boards.
Loving it! TL;DR please
- Keep track of what you’re doing and did in the past, and try to repost it in the future, if it proves successful.
- When creating content, think about repurposing content and plan how it can be reused in the future.
- Cross-channel is very important here, for self advertising, so do that as well.
- Reduce your workload when creating your content calendar by repurposing content and posting evergreen media.
- Have fun with it, people love human interactions and emotions. Try repurposing content from video bloopers to connect with your audience on a human level.
Tell us about your examples or tips for repurposing content in the comment section.
Don’t forget you can contact me anytime for ideas or personalised tips.