Great, but I’m still waiting for the big secret power though…
For marketers, Pinterest is starting to become a great playground. Wether it’s the fact that featured pins remain indefinitely on Pinterest, even way after the campaign is over. Or that using the Pinterest Flashlight can easily point to a buyable pin, allowing a user to buy a product directly from your pin (whether it’s on your board or not).
Tapping into these features and thinking out-of-the-box, creating original and interesting boards, will make sure your followers can potentially become customers and afterwards even brand advocates, sporting your posts on their own boards.
Case study: For the Foodies
As we all know, Italy is the land of great food, awesome wine and amazing cars. When my client, who’s a tour guide in Italy needed a couple of ideas for how to boost their marketing, I immediately suggested to harness the secret power of Pinterest.
What’s great about their tours, is that they know very well what tourists want, having worked in the industry for many, many years. Some of their tours have food as a main feature, some have cars, and some have both.
Besides creating a board for each Italian city they host tours in, we also created a board for Foodies and a board for car lovers, so that they could feast their eyes on what they preferred, and eventually, clicking on the image link, they got to a tour featuring exactly what they saw and read about in the pin.
Ok, I’m convinced, run that by me one more time
- Get awesome photographs of your products, both by themselves and arranged in their natural environment.
- Create original boards with pins of your products, not necessarily how you would arrange them on your e-commerce website.
- Make sure your products pins are rich pins so that all product details show up.
- Add a buy it button on your single product pins.
- Create ad campaigns using featured pins so that your pins get a reach boost.
How do you use Pinterest to show off your products? Add your story and link in the comments section!
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!